The 43rd Annual Marshall Co. Blueberry Festival
Other than Thanksgiving, the Blueberry Festival is the ONE event I always make it home for. This is actually the girls' second Blueberry Festival appearance, but last year was a bit uneventful since they were only 4 mo's. old. This years festival was a big hit - and the weather was perfect.
The Centennial Park is a GORGEOUS, giant park that I've gone to since I was a kid.
It's expanded so much since I was little - even the playground area has tripled in size!
Whitney shared a Lemon Shake-Up with Aunt Lori, but the cup (that's 1/2 her size) was her favorite toy for the day. 
Our friend Kalem had his face painted - Lauren couldn't quite get over him.
The local Indian community sells their wares, among which are their CDs of beautiful music played from their hand-crafted instruments.
Mmmm...elephant ears. The girls got their first taste this year.
The bridge connecting the old and new parts of the park, over the Yellow River.
Cousin Alyssa was the biggest help with the girls. Once we got to grandma's for the fireworks, she tried to help get Lou in her PJs...
And tried...
And tried. Finally, successful, Lauren has found her new best friend.
Whitney is sitting "patiently" with Mamaw, awaiting her first fireworks!
Our friend Kollin keeps himself busy before the fireworks start...
...waiting...
...waiting...MUCH past our bedtime...
HOORAY!!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment