Country girls at heart

I absolutely LOVE going "home." I was born and raised among the cornfields and farmland of Northern Indiana, and some of my fondest memories are of being outside. The air is different in the country. Fresh. Calm. I find myself less stressed when I'm there. There are no sirens, honking horns or beeping of construction trucks. No traffic, no road rage, no crowds.

The girls love to visit my family - but mostly love to play in the wide vast of grass, landscaping and nothingness that is "home."

Now that we can walk, we explore every inch of Pampaw's yard.


Great-Grandma Zumbaugh helps me cross the big rocky drive...


Pampaw!


Pampaw has a big pond and a little pond. We saw so many frog's in the big pond!







Pampaw's little pond has lots of fun pebbles...






There were pretty lilly's too...


We all "helped" feed the Koi fish...



I tried to pick up these big rocks, but they were way too heavy...


Walking in the soft grass is fun!


All the cousin's came over and we played with them in the yard...


Harley and Sassy played with us too!




I like Cousin Vince.


"Look! MORE corn!"


What's everyone looking at?


We saw our first crop-dusting airplane!



Mamaw gave us our very first fudgesicle's!


This was after I had my first of 2 head boo-boo's of the week. The fudgesicle helped. Lots.


A perfect spot to relax...



Cousins!



“Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to.”

~ John Ed Pearce

0 comments:

Post a Comment