Moving: a Goodbye Letter
Scott was told on a Friday that he was to be in Columbus, Ohio that Tuesday to start his new job, General Manager of the Jeff Wyler Chevrolet store. Cue: excitement, stress, joy, nervousness, sadness, happiness ... and above all, two VERY confused three-year-olds.
The last few weeks Scott has been in Canal Winchester, working away at his new job (and loving it) and we've been here, packing, purging, cleaning and packing some more.
Lauren has been very curious about the entire thing. She asks where daddy is every morning, why I'm putting her toys, art supplies, cups/plates/bowls etc., into boxes. She wants to know who's going to be in our house next, and if we can take Sophie with us. I try to explain how we're going to live where daddy lives now and I try to stress how important it will be for them to help daddy and I find a new house. She seems to be OK with it and understands.
Whitney, doesn't really ask much about the move. I'm not sure she understands what's really going on — although, when went up one day last week and spent the night (at the condo we'll use temporarily), she kept asking when we were going home.
I'm avoiding telling them that they won't go to the park with Evelyn anymore during the summers, or see Karis, Zari and Marlise or play trains and silly games with Jaden and Dalen. I'm DEFINITELY avoiding telling them that they won't be able to visit Sophie as much. Granted we are only going to be 2 hours north of all their friends, but this is the only life they've known. I'm so excited to start the next chapter of our lives (with a husband/daddy who'll be home evenings and weekends!!), but very sad to be taking them out of a school they love and away from friends they treasure.
As the days wind down of us being in this house (we'll officially be moved on Monday, January 23rd) I'm feeling a little more nostalgic. Scott and I have been here in this house for 10 years. We got engaged in this house, married, fertility, had babies...
But, I'm also positive that we'll all have a wonderful life in Columbus. The girls are so friendly and I have no doubt they'll make new friends quickly. Scott will be home more so we'll be able to be more social. Also with his new schedule, we'll be able to visit our current friends.
I want to thank all of my friends I've met through the 2 jobs I held while here (FW Publications and Housetrends/Reach USA), StrollerFit, friends of friends, neighbors and the West Chester Mother's of Twins and More Club for enriching my life and the lives of my girls. Please know I'll always treasure our friendships and we'll definitely all keep in touch. Au Revoir!!
"Don't be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends." ~Richard Bach
0 comments:
Post a Comment