Hello/Goodbye
Like the Sienna commercial: "Frankly, the thought of owning a minivan used to make me cry myself to sleep at night," I have that exact sentiment. Unlike the commercial, I didn't purchase a Sienna... we purchased a Chrysler Town & Country.
This was a tough decision for me. I've always been a bit of a car junkie, raised by a mechanic father and grandfather. I would love a sweet car or SUV, but having the van has been SO much easier for the girls, AND me. They love getting in by themselves and I love having more room (I can actually have my double stroller in the back and still have the third row seats up). The automatic doors that all slide open and remote start doesn't hurt either.
Still, I was a little heavy hearted when my Montero sold. We purchased it when I got pregnant, as a more reliable and safe vehicle. We brought the girls home from the hospital in it. We drove their first trip to see their grandparents in it. Brought back their Christmas and first birthday presents in it. I know it's just a hunk of metal, run by gasoline and oil, but it also ran on love, because I had precious cargo in it for almost 3 years. Goodbye old friend!


0 comments:
Post a Comment